Sunday 13 May 2007

Phantom Merchandise - Monkeys Of Melbourne Lamp

Monkeys produced this stunning, hand painted lamp, for several years from the late eighties to the early nineties. They pop up on Ebay, look up the user id Monkeys of Melbourne as the gentleman who has that, used to own Monkeys.

The eyes light up - people generally used red globes to light them. We're going to put some LEDs in it.

This has to be the best piece Monkey's made, and the best Phantom merchandise I've ever seen.




A utter favourite; I lusted after this back in the early nineties but couldn't afford it. But we recently found this specimen on Ebay. A treasured part of my Phantom collection.

14 comments:

kennedy5 said...

Does anyone have any idea approx how much the Phantom lamp is worth now? we bought it back in 1991. We also have the teapot. Any help much appreciated. My email is: kennedy.222@live.com.au

thanks,
Laurel.

Michelle Guthrie said...

I just paid $299 for this lamp at the memorabilia shop in Smith St Collingwood

Unknown said...

i paid $250 in 1991 for a 1991 lamp in a lighting shop

Phantomwalker68 said...

Chasing any Phantom Monkeys of Melbourne Merch if anyone has any?

Unknown said...

I think my Phantom Lamp could be a Monkeys of Melbourne original.
How much are you offering if it is ?

Phantomwalker68 said...

There was three colours in the large.
Purple, black and a rare blue(not a bluey purple but a real blue)
The purple go for anywhere between $150-250. I have two already.
Black not as popular back in the day as there was no black phantom.
There is also a mini night lamp that just fits a small globe and the whole lamp lights up. These go for about $70-80

Unknown said...

i paid $250 in 91 for a bluish purple brand new phantom lamp .I am a PHANTOM FAN mine is not for sale

Denise said...

I have a phantom lamp for sale Monkeys of Melbourne 1991. Works and on perfect condition.
I also have purchased from Monkeys in 1992 a large phantom mug with foghorn leghorn attached to the inside.

The Tiger said...

Hi Denise

I am interested and would like to buy

Contact me at mrtiger at gmail dot com

CalG420Nz said...

Any interest in a black phantom? Just as hard as a blue to find for purchase as mentioned not many sold and are just as hard if not more so to find in the wild... Located newzealand purchased mid-late 80's from U.S

Phantomwalker68 said...

How much mate??
Lukeverri@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I have the phantom lamp of monkeys on Melbourne if you interested

Unknown said...

If anyone is interested in a purple phantom monkeys of Melbourne lamp contact pook.jacob.d@gmail.com

Unknown said...

1994 edition also